Monday, 5 November 2012

Stuck in my head







This morning I want to be less philosophical and doom and gloom full and talk about some of the songs that have crossed my path lately and have stuck.












The first goes with the Halloween-y theme. It’s a song called The Zombie Song by Stephanie Mabey. This has been stuck in my head since I found it! I think it’s adorable and would love to hear more of her songs. The cartoon that goes with it is adorable too! I could take or leave the twilight reference in the chorus but other than that, it’s pure happy zombie fun!


This one is one I have had for a while but it’s still one of my favourites. The Life Organic is one of the videos done by the Bondi Hipsters Dom and Adrian. It’s brilliant! They are making fun but there genuinely are people like that in Bondi. They have a whole series where the characters discuss topics like exercise, shopping, festivals and how to pick up women. I like the fashion ones especially.


This one is a little childish as it comes from the cartoon Arthur. If you don’t know Arthur and you are in the UK, shame on you! This is the video about Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I dare you to watch it and not have your brain singing “Jekyll Jekyll Hyde, Jekyll Hyde Hyde Jekyll” all day! A friend suddenly remembered this song a few days ago and it’s become my standard greeting to her now.


Recently I went to a Sam and the Womp night and it was brilliant! I wasn’t that fussed to begin with but my mates persuaded me it would be a good night and it was one of the best live acts I have ever seen! They had the entire live band complete with trumpets and didn’t mess about with talking to the audience for hours. They also taught us all how to “Womp” which was fun. Since then I’ve had their song Bom Bom in my itunes and I’ve even learnt the lyrics now which is easier said than done as they make no sense at all! - "I've brought a pie in my pocket, pie in my pocket, an eye in my socket."


Finally a nice calm song Endless Summer – Josh Pyke. This one makes me think of Australia as it was a bit like an endless summer but it’s also got some really pretty lyrics like “Now to ever be touched by the feasting tendrils of light”. It’s one of my calm down feel good songs.


I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.