Monday, 27 February 2017

Sitting with the tulips

This week I am a lady of leisure. Sort of. There's still laundry, and food shopping, and DIY, washing up, painting, and all the other things that adulthood brings, but I am not at work (see previous post). But I am doing these things on my own. My boyfriend and friends are all at work so I am rediscovering the feeling of independent time. Its great! Not that I don't love spending time with people, but I am enjoying the calm self-absorbed peace of not having to consider any one else when planning my actions. If I feel like walking out the door and popping to the shops, then I can without asking "Want anything from the shops? Remember to put the laundry out!" before I go. I still say bye to Chloe the cat but she doesn't ever want anything from the shops and she never remembers to put the laundry out.

There's a calm peace of being alone in a place you're comfortable in. Right now I am sitting on my bed, on top of the yellow stripy duvet, with the throw pillows scattered around me, the multi-coloured tulip bouquet sits on my bedside in my late grandma's vintage glass vase. There's no thought of where I need to be or what I need to do. I have a list of things to do but I can do them later when I feel more like it. Right now I feel like sitting with the tulips.

OGD x